Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica parts
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 07:13:50 +0200

Mitch Alland wrote:

> Fair? Doesn't sound fair to me that Solms is willing to supply parts to
> independent Leica service providers in the US but not in other
> countries.

Mitch,

The policy in question and its reversal was a Leica USA matter only.
Whatever policies exist in other countries were not affected by the initial
decision by Leica USA nor its subsequent reversal. If you have an issue in
Thailand, you should similarly contact Leica's Thai representative or Leica
in Solms.

I have just bought a CL with a shutter problem. Living in the Netherlands,
I will just send it to Solms--no customs issues shipping it back and forth,
and I know I will get a competent, albeir pricey repair.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands