Subject: [Leica] "real photography"
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:16:45 -0400

>And what, pray tell, is "real photography?" Is it James Nachtwey's
>photography done inside Baghdad while the bombs fell? Is it virtually
>all the images we see in our daily newspapers and most of what we
>now see in news magazines? Or is it the photos people post here of
>their kids and their kids friends? What is "real photography?" And
>why does the particular camera used make it more real?

Fwiw, the last film camera I saw in a photo pit was mine, and it was
Over a year ago. I'm sure there are people carrying M's around with
Their digi gear, though I doubt much, if anything, gets shot with them.
The turnaround difference is just so drastic, as is the cost. The idea
Of paying $10 for 36 photos now seems as absurd to me as a fried egg
In a milkshake.

Kc

Replies: Reply from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> (RE: [Leica] "real photography")