Subject: RE: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film.
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:22:58 -0400

Actually, for more and more people, film is one of the tracks they run
on, not THE track. And what you miss here is that we have not "inherited
a two track mode of photography." Rather, we are in a period of
transition in photography in which the main mode of image capture shifts
from film/chemical to electronic/digital, just as transitions from one
capture media to another occurred in earlier ages. Film will certainly
be around for a long time to come, but it will be less and less relevant
to a larger and larger percentage of photo hobbyists and pros. That
doesn't mean film isn't good, it just means that the end of an era is
upon us. ;-)

B. D.