Subject: Re: [Leica] Is It "analog" or Is It Digital?
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:40:34 -0700

not true... I am certainly no proponent of "digital" music, but it does
exist.  Digital "tone generators" are relatively common especially in pop
music and increasingly in avant garde classical music.  No acoustic sound
whatsoever emits from the "instrument".  The sounds are entirely in the
digital field.  I hate the stuff (being a drummer, I especially hate "drum
machines").

and yes.. a high-end turntable beats even a high-end CD player in warmth and
some inexpressible attributes that you have to hear in a well tuned room to
appreciate.

I lost ~2 thousand LPs in a divorce..... ouch.  I'm a CD spinner now.
sigh......

cheers
Jack
Jack McLain