Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:27:55 -0700

On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 22:59 US/Pacific, Martin Howard wrote:

> Why do they call it "colour timing"?  What's time got to do with it?
>
> M.

I'm not exactly sure where it comes from. The term has been around
forever...
I would guess that it has to do with adjusting the intensity or exposure
time of the light source in the optical printer when you strike the
print. Basically the same thing we do in our darkrooms.

Feli

Richard III was framed.	 *     feli2@earthlink.net