Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:59:53 -0700

On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 23:37 US/Pacific, Adam Bridge wrote:

> Run, don't walk, and get the DVD of "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"
> There's a terrific discussion of this, its origin, and how the film's
> color pallet was massively remapped.

Actually we (Digital Domain) worked on that...I worked on the sequence
of
the three of them floating in the river and Mike Kanfer, who back then
was our
Digital Imaging Supervisor, spent a lot of time over at Cinesite trying
to get
that color timing to work..

Ok, enough about that stuff...did I mention that Sherry is changing my
M6TTL
from a .85 to a .72, because I can't see the darn 35mm framelines?Anyone
else run in to this problem? By the way, I asked her about the MP flare
fix
upgrade and she said that Leica was still tweaking it. You also can't
swap the whole
M6TTL finder for a MP finder, because of the difference in electronics,
so there
goes that idea...but the flare fix is in the works...

feli

Richard III was framed.	 *     feli2@earthlink.net