Subject: [Leica] Lag time
From: kevin@2image.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:44:37 -0700

Ted,
Imagine if your M7's had a 1 second self-timer permanently on and built in.
Would that make a difference in getting the shot?

How far into the future can one predict a shot?

- -------------
Gee folks I have to ask, I suppose this is of some critical mass measuring
moment of timing information, but what the heck in the world does it have to
do with actually taking a really cool photograph?

And exactly what does it have to do with catching a moment of motivation?

And oh please dear God don't tell me it makes the difference between a
successful photo OR not! And does the photographer releasing the shutter
knowingly calculate this delay into the exact moment of release?? And if
that's the case what the hell have I been doing wrong the past 50 years not
knowing about these highly technical delays? OK since I started using M
cameras 40 years ago?

Please explain in common man's language, that in knowing this delay stuff,
I may become a better photographer. Thank you.

And some of you people bitch about a few posts on something viable as single
malt scotch! Jeeeeesh! :-)

ted