Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:08:14 -0400

thanks for the number, finally an actual figure

'Y is the same order as X' literally means (I think) that Y and X have
the same exponent, so 1 is the same order as 9 and 19 is the same order
as 87.

but what I personally meant was that it feels experientially the same
(to me).

I shoot a lot of stuff that relies on hitting the moment exactly (fast
moving kids, currently, more than anything) and the 1Ds is certainly as
good as the M for that... better in many respects since you can get
much closer with a wide lens and not worry about parallax.

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 08:42 AM, Felix Lopez de Maturana
wrote:

>> Most Canon EOS series owners I know split off the focus function to a
>> separate button on the back that falls under the thumb. Focus with the
>> thumb, AE with half pressure, click. The lag on my 1Ds is staggeringly
>> small. Certainly of the same order as the M.
>
> Johnny
>
> 87 milliseconds, so a little bit slower.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
http://www.unintended-consequences.com