Subject: Re: [Leica] Walks with a Panasonic LC5 - Monday August 4th
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:35:05 +0100

From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 06 August 2003 00:56

> Graham posted:  http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/irc.html
>
> This is the kind of shot that is easy to
> ruin with a digicam (or slide film for that matter).  You managed to keep
> the brightest leaves from blowing out, and kept some green in the
> brightest parts, but the shadows are still usable.
>
> Do you remember how you set your camera for this shot?  Whatever your
> settings were, I'd like to try their equivalent on my digicam.

Hi Peter
Setting was 'Auto' everything :-) I believe I mentioned this before but it
bears repetition. Taking shots with the LC5 is so easy and the results so
good (by my standards) that it feels like cheating. The information in the
file reveals that the settings selected by the camera were ISO100 - 206th
sec at f2.9 - multispot metering. I did carry the camera to the location
though and frame the scene :-)

- --Graham