Subject: [Leica] Rollei 35 RF
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:58:53 EDT

Whatever the merits, or lack of merits of the Rollei 35 RF, I'm glad Rollei
is bringing back the 40mm Sonnar f2.8. The Rollei 35S, featuring that lens,
was, and still is, my favorite backup camera. It saved my bacon and my job more
than once. On a year long research trip to India in 1988 the heat and humidity
did in my expensive SLR . During the three months hospitalization to repair
the camera ("No problem. It will be fixed soon."), I took several hundred
pictures with the Rollei. All the pictures were razor sharp and several of Kashmir
made the covers of travel magazines.

The Rollei 35S is not your typical P&S. You actually have to know something
about photography to use it. Too bad it has been priced into the stratosphere
by collectors.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu> (Re: [Leica] Rollei 35 RF)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Rollei 35 RF)