Subject: [Leica] Focusing using ground glass vs. split image vs. microprism
From: Martin Krieger <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:51:01 -0700

I have been focusing my 19mm R using the ground glass grid screen (helps
align stuff), but wondered if I might do better with the normal screen
(split image and microprism). Sometimes it seems that the micorprism becomes
clear at a distance that differs from the actual distance. The split image
seems fine. This is especially the case with patterned parts of the image,
say a gate or a corrugated steel wall.

Is this a well-known phenomenon? Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
Martin