Subject: RE: [Leica] "lag time" and the real world.
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:24:04 -0400

David Young wrote:
> However, I have discovered one area where it [lag time] becomes very
> important... and that is the photographing of lightning.

David,

Speaking of lightning photography, I was travelling and my
flight was delayed by a thunderstorm.  I took the opportunity
to test my own lag time by trying to capture lightning.  I
can attest to the difficulty. My meager result:
http://www.phongdoan.com/Photography/Misc/crw_5792.htm
[Canon DSLR, 28mm, 1/90 sec, f4.5, ISO 400]

Cheers,

- - Phong