Subject: RE: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:14:16 -0400

Of course, speculating about what Ansel Adams would have done with his life
had he lived many more years doesn't really make much sense, but what the
heck.

I think it is likely that not only would he have embraced the new digital
printing technology, he may have worked hand in hand with the manufacturers
to make the technology better for photographers.   I sometimes wonder if
some of these companies actually consult any real photographers when
designing their products.   Someone of Adam's stature would have been able
to push companies such as Epson into solving problems such as ink and paper
stability earlier on in their development.

dan c.