Subject: Re: [Leica] What ISO do we really use?
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:58:51 -0700

I'm out here in sunny Los Angeles

90% of the time I shoot Tri-X @ 400.
During the day I use the sunny 16 rule
F16/500th in the sun.  f16/125 in the shadows. Tons of DOF and the high
shutter speed helps keep things sharp. Given the above Los Angeles
should be the street photography capital of the world, except that
nobody walks any further than to and from their car...

Tri-X in D76 is my standard film. I love the way it looks and I can use
in it rapidly changing lighting conditions, indoor and out. Did I
mention that I love Tri-X?

I also use a good amount of Delta3200 @ 1600/3200 in DD-X. Great film.
Neopan 1600 has a little too much contrast for my taste.

Sometimes I shoot Plus-X or APX100, but that's only if I have a
specific need for the extra detail.
I develop either in D76 or Rodinal, depending on the look I want.

For color slides I shoot Kodachrome 64 and 200. Looks like old
Technicolor.

I don't shoot a lot of color print film, but should probably pick one
someday...

Feli