Subject: [Leica] OT Scanner question
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:10:26 +0100

I have an Epson 1240U that I've begun to use for scanning medium format
film.

The scanner has an optical resolution of 1200x2400. Using Vuescan I have a
choice of two resolutions - 1200 dpi or 2400 dpi. Now I realise that if I
scan at 2400 _something_ is going to be interpolated, and if I scan at 1200
the 2400 dpi part of the optical resolution will be lost.

So for the highest quality resolution which of the two should I choose?

Thanks in advance.

Steve