Subject: [Leica] It's better than leica glass! And so cheap!
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:16:43 -0400

> I'm imagining my R series lenses
> to be better than
> Minolta or Nikon or Canon?

If you're dying for prints that shame your next door neighbors Nikon shots,
go spend $150 and buy a yashica 124 TLR. It blows ANY leica shot out of the
water in terms of sharpness and enlargeability. I've got one, it kicks butt.
But as for one companie's pro lenses being better than anothers, I haven't
seen it. Nobody was able to correctly pick the leica shots from the nikon
digital shots from the series of 30x40 enlargements at my last show, leica
shooters included, everybody had their favorites, but nobody was right.

There'd been some talk before, and I think this is a fantastic idea, of
mailing around an envelope of prints made by various luggers to the best of
their ability and taken with whatever glass/cameras they care to and having
people try and figure out what was taken with which. I'd be happy to
participate if someone wants to put it together.

Kc

Replies: Reply from "David W. Almy" <dalmy@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] It's better than leica glass! And so cheap!)