Subject: [Leica] Lag's consequencs
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:54:25 EDT

Shutter lag has real consequences. For years every photo of my wife came out
with her eyes closed. I was using an SLR and apparently she blinked at the
sound of the mirror flipping up. By the time the shutter opened her eyes were
closed and opened immediately afterwards. Because the SLR loses the viewfinder
image as the mirror rises and the shutter clicks, I was unaware of her brief
blink until the films were developed. I got around this unconscious reflex by
using a Leica RF camera or a digital camera that makes no noise until the actual
exposure. It has helped keep peace in the family.

Larry Z