Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:52:48 -0700

And the vast majority of his fans will never be able to afford one of
his original prints. Why not give them the ultimate quality, even if
they can't have the ultimate paper. At least it looks the same. That
would be a good use of digital. In the end, I don't live his work
because it costs lots of money. I love it because so much of it takes
me back to my youth in the mountains of Oregon. (Even if his "nature"
had fewer trees, the feeling is there.)