Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS Week 23: something new?
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:09:12 -0400

Thanks!

The skin is not contrived or retouched (I don't have that kind of
legerdemain with photoshop); Ciara was about 21 when the picture was
taken, and she has pretty good skin.  She may have been wearing makeup.
  The light was dead-on evening sunlight.

The other two things that might have eradicated the skin detail are
- -- it was shot on Tri-X, which does not have the level of highlight
separation to show pores on sunlit skin
- -- it was taken from six feet away
- -- it was printed with a 30-year old Componon that probably has some
flare in it by now.

Regards
Dante

PS: my sister does set design for opera, so the stage-managed
description is oddly apt!