Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on a second body
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:21:59 -0700

Hi All,
My experience has always been using bodies of different model will only get
you grief sooner or later. Yeah I know some folks have been able to use an
M6 and CL or whatever model combination and do OK. But generally it will
eventually get you grief because the controls and feel in hand are not the
same and ........"you will screw-up!

When I got my first M7 in January I tried using it with the remaining 2
M6's. Now most people would say well that shouldn't be a problem surely.

Well it became a big pain in the ass within a few hours while working on
assignment. M7 set AE and away I go shooting everything moving and
motivating, no thought to exposure but a quick glance at the camera selected
shutter speed and it was click away like crazy.

Then came a quick camera with lens change to M6, motivation seen, camera up
and click! Damn! I didn't take the time to set the shutter speed or
aperture. :-( And that became the routine too many times or I'd miss
something while fiddling with aperture instead of shooting.

To fix the problem was an easy fix... we ordered two more M7's! ;-) Problem
solved a day later when they arrived. And never a problem again using three
cameras at the same time.

So if you are intending on shooting people activities whatever that may be
from kids, working adults, weddings or parties get a matching camera body!
Certainly if you can spring for it, as it'll save you a lot of grief later.
Trust me would I lie to you? ;-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant