Subject: [Leica] travelling fed-ex
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:04:52 -0400

i am going to a wedding in ohio and after much negotiating--which i lost,
we will be flying instead of my preference--driving.

from this group, and from a friend of mine who have used fedex to
ship ski equipment, i am shipping all leica gear and my film (in a lowerpro/
pelican) case (as well as all my other luggage) to arrive at the hotel and
just walk through security. fedex confirmed they do no xraying of cargo
 whatsoever.  i might bring bulk film and some loaders and a mini-light tent
so i will have a virtually unlimited supply of HP5+ and panf.  i find with the
rapidwinders i have a tendency to shoot objectively unreasonable amounts of
film :-)  the worst part is i will have to be without my m gear for a total
of 6-8 days.  they can insure up to $500K, and my stuff isn't worth even half
that :-)

i'll let you know how this intensely-clever idea pans out...

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey