Subject: [Leica] Re: travelling fed-ex
From: JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:51:58 -0700

I've done this numerous times. It works very well. I've always had mine
held at the FedEx office either near the airport or near my accommodations.
I then stop by, in my rental car, and pick it up.

FedEx has maps online of where their offices are so it is easy to have it
held in the appropriate office. It also means that you can get your
equipment early in the day rather than waiting for the delivery, and risk
having it delivered incorrectly.

I use electronic shipping containers that I purchased from Jensen Tools. I
have a couple of the white wheeled shipping containers. They're made for
shipping and have a recessed place for the FedEx waybill.

Anyway... just my humble opinion.

JB