Subject: Re: [Leica] rugby anybody?
From: "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:41:08 -0400

Good stuff. I'm not a big rugby fan, only in the same way I watch boxing
sometimes. I can't imagine playing it, but sometimes there's a primal urge
to watch real -- rather than staged (WWF et al) --  physical play bordering
on violence. With, of course, the amazing skill and athleticism involved.
Hockey and football have that element to it too, but with all that equipment
the blows are sometimes not as bad as they seem. But in rugby, like boxing,
when it looks like someone has been wumped big time, it pretty much is that!

The Maori played up here in Ottawa on their tour. I have friends who are
heavily involved in rugby, and they thoroughly enjoyed the game, one-sided
as it was.

BTW, I never thought of this, but I like to say that boxing was the only
"sport" that was really hard to do in a fun, pick up kind of way. Rugby
could also qualify, I think. Touch rugby anyone...?

jm