Subject: Re: [Leica] PWIFLIs--Dinner with Parents
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:24:13 -0700

At 03:05 AM 8/12/2003 -0400, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
>...In my experience a digital camera reverses film speed. I had thought
>that if
>I set my Oly 5050 digital to ISO 200 or 400, I could breezily shoot EL, just
>as I do with my M3 and a fast Leica 50mm lens. It didn't work that way.
>With some experimentation I discovered that I was able to get good EL shots
>with the digital by setting its ISO to Auto or 64. Digitals nowadays --
>whatever you pay for them -- need a lot of both light and battery power to
>climb up
>the Herter Driffeld curve -- if such a graph exists for a digital sensor. And
>avoid using shutter preferred mode. Use P instead, and let the digital's
>algorithms do the work. The 5050 is about the best of the prosumers out
>there now.
>But this is just one man's opinion.

OMIGOHD, this is the first post from you that didn't send me to the
dictionary!! :-) Herter-Driffeld excepted of course, but I doubt a
dictionary would have that. Sort of like talking to my wife, once in a
while, she would just throw in a weirdo-word, sometimes even with 4 or 5
syllables! Geezzz...

:-)

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>