Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW week 32
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:04:56 +0100

From: "Dante Stella" <dante@umich.edu>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 12 August 2003 03:31

> Fantastic composition - is it real?!
>
> On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 11:30  AM, GeeBee wrote:
>
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/32_2003.html

Hi Dante,
Spent a lot of time trying to get something other than a plain white sky but
it's real. Some may wonder why I had on a red filter for a comparatively
featureless sky, the reason was that the paraglider was back and forth along
the cliff edge and when I turned 180 degrees to track him the sky in the
other direction was more interesting:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/cliff.html

I suppose I could have tried getting the guy to move but I didn't know him
and he was not really comfortable being photographed even though he said yes
when I asked if it would be ok. I believe that it was his discomfort at
being photographed that led him, without any prompting on my part, to look
away from the camera at the paraglider which fortuitously helped the
composition imo. I also liked the nervous dog taking refuge under his arm
from the paraglider but you will need a magnifying glass to spot it.

Thanks for looking.

- --Graham