Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Noctilux hood necessary?
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:57:28 -0500

There's always the protection aspect of the hood for those of us who like
our M's to swing loosely on the end of the neckstrap.  I am wondering if
the latest version of the 50 Summicron can be retrofitted for the fixed
hood.  I just happen to have one, but with the built in hood in place it
cannot be fitted.

gene

                      Craig Semetko
                      <csemetko@earthlink.net>            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] Is Noctilux hood necessary?
                      -alto.ca.us

                      08/13/2003 12:29 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Hello All,

I'm getting a first version 1.0 Noctilux in a few days but it doesn't
come with a hood. I've read that the Noctilux is extremely flare
resistant. I also did a search of the archives and saw that Ted hasn't
used a hood on his in 20 years. That's really good enough for me, but
was just curious if anyone else has any thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Craig