Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Noctilux hood necessary?
From: feli2@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:50:16 -0700 (GMT)

I would use a hood with it, that way you can just toss it in
your bag without any real worry. I've found that the Leica
caps with the two spring loaded clips tend to pop off and a
58/60mm big front element is a big target.I use rigid hoods
on all of my lenses instead of caps (unless I'm in the desert_.

feli