Subject: Re: [Leica] One more thing on Xtol
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:57:04 +0200

>Christer Almqvist wrote:
>>
>>  Hadn't we all upped it ourselves long ago?
>>
>>  Chris
>>
>>  >Kodak has actually UPPED the shelf life of Xtol to ONE YEAR (see
>  > >Pub. J-109), with the proviso that 1:2 and 1:3 dilutions have caused
>>  >some problems for users who processed film between 6 months and 1
>>  >year after mixing the solution.
>>  >
>>  >SO THERE!
>>  >____________
>>  >Dante Stella
>>  >http://www.dantestella.com
>>  >
>>  >--
>>  >To unsubscribe, see http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/unsub.html
>>
>>  --
>>  Christer Almqvist
>

>Christer I'm not following you on this one shelf life of working
>solution already diluted? who does that?
>but i have a feeling that's not what you're saying. But it sure almost
>sounds like your saying the developed film gets screwed up because of an
>Xtol dilution. Who ever said this was horrible deluded a lot more than
>1:3! AT least it makes no sense from over here!

The original statement which included the "1:2 and 1:3 dilutions"
etc came from Dante and I took it to mean that if you store the stock
solution for a prolonged period you should not use 1:2 and 1:3
dilutions. I would not dream of storing diluted developer. Haven't
got enough bottles. And I would not dream of using higher dilutions
than 1+1. Haven't got large enough tanks

Tomorrow I'll be seeing a very good photographer (dozens of
exhibitions and a dozen books) who prints everything herself. She has
promised to give a verdict on my negatives. Should be interesting.

Chris

- --
Christer Almqvist
D 20255 Hamburg and / or