Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M digital back
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:07:32 +0100

I am a massive M fan, I like the layout, feel, lenses, everything (even
the loading system). I have used digital and with the exception of
ultimate resolution I find it superior to film. The reason I would like
a digital M back is so I can continue to use my camera with what I
consider to be a superior medium, not because there is an inherent
fault in any way in the camera.
What I would like is my M camera with the largest digital sensor that
will fit in the film gate so I don't need to use film any more. I am
using an EOS 10D and I hate it compared to my M but my M doesn't take
digital so it moulders in its bag unused. It is the first time it is
filmless since 1986. There is no need for the back to be heath
robinson, if well engineered and fitting any M it would suit a lot of
people. I really did not want digital to be any good, I fought against
it, but the experience is real. I f there is no digital possibility for
my M6 then I will not be using Leica rangefinders much, if at all, any
more after 35 years. Sad.
Frank
BTW have you driven a Maserati........... :)

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica M digital back)