Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments? bah!
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:07:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/03 8:37:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sonc@sonc.com
writes:

> I consider my LC5 a transition camera, and the time is rapidly approaching
>  that the digital  camera people like me yearn for is made.
>
>  Then,  I'll stick my Leica on the shelf alongside the Agfa Sillette I
bought
>  46 years ago.  I will still sit with it in front of the telly, and dry fire
>  it some, but I won't miss it in the field.
Sonny,

But you will miss that binder of negatives that you can review at a single
glance sitting by the fireside. You will miss those brilliant Leica M or R
lenses. You will miss the battery independence of the M6. You will miss the
brilliant slides you can project across a 6-foot screen. You will miss the
immortality of silver images. A Leica M on a shelf: 'Not bloody likely,' as Eliza
Doolittle says to us all.

br

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] No digital comments? bah!)