Subject: [Leica] OT: Large format printer recommendations?
From: "korenman" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:32:41 -0400

I have been using shutterfly to make 5x7 prints from scanned negs with great
results.
If you are tightly calibrated to sRGB  they give you great prints.

However, I just sent them a scan of a 6x6 neg (7k x 7k pixels) to try out
their new 16x20" prints.
The print came back today -- ehh.. ok.. but not anywhere near high end
quality (I know, you get what you pay for). I am not sure that they use a
Fujix printer for the larger format work. The print had subtle horizontal
streaks which looks suspiciously ink jet. Dynamic range was somewhat less
than what I expect from their 5x7 prints.

Any other recommendation for other companies that can generate nice large
format work from digital files?

Eric