Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:40:52 -0400

Hi,

I've been thinking about this, too. This is what I think is going on. Most
of us, to one extent or the other, probably think of the LUG as our
photographic family, or at least our virtual photographic family. I think
that many of us really do think of the LUG, and use the LUG, as more than
our Leica center of gravity. I think that is fine. Often I have the radio
on in my office as I work. It happens that I didn't yesterday. The way I
found out about the blackout was via a post to the LUG. I thought that
those posts were a good and valuable thing, and I welcome them.

You can like digital or you can hate digital. You can decide to use it
today, never use it, or you can decide to wait and see. Any one of these
alternatives is just fine. But, what is very hard to do these days is to
avoid or ignore the question or digital. I tend to agree with BD. There is
a revolution going on right before our eyes and each of us has to make some
choices about how we are going to participate in it. I think that it is an
important question which interests, concerns, and troubles people. Most of
us tend to talk to our friends and family about issues which concern us. It
doesn't surprise me at all that people want to share their concerns and
thoughts on what is in some sense a non-Leica topic with what they consider
to be their virtual photographic family. I would say that is a considerable
strength, not a weakness.

Barney