Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout
From: "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:26:06 -0700

"Before I escaped to the northwest US, I spent most of my life in NYC.
During
the blackouts and transit strikes I lived through the only benefits were the
relaxation of the parking rules by the Holy Brotherhood and the twice daily
march over Brooklyn Bridge to and from my home. Sure, I took shots of my
fellow soldiers on parade. In NYC junk happens. We expect the sky to fall
because it does. Sometimes I think NYC is held for ransom by the gods. Wall
Street alone is Sodom. A short walk from City Hall, which is as corrupt.
Then there's the NY Public Library,
 which is still free and for which NYC is spared by the Almighty. The WTC is
no more. But the insurance money is. That's how NYC works. Money stored up
by millions of hours of hard work by immigrants -- including my Mom -- and
slaves over 400 years have left a reinvestment account in the banks that is
almost infinite. The magic of early and current capitalism does its thing.
And the WTC rises again...... br"

br is on some heavy duty medication!  Wall St. "Sodom"? (Babylon
possibly)...Broadway might be Sodom. My ancestors were Dutch Huguenots that
settled in what is now NY in 1660 escaping persecution from the French RC's.
At the time of the American Revolution half the family moved to what is now
Toronto (Royal Empire Loyalists) Can't say we were ever slaves or condoned
slavery...
"Where is John Galt?"

Message from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout)