Subject: [Leica] Re: wine (WAS: Travels with M6: Fort Ross Heritage Day)
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 06:32:18 +0200

Adam,

It is true that overseas wines are subjected to a higher tariff in the EU,
but that tariff is the same whether the wine comes from the US, Australia
or South America. For everyday drinking I also try to stay under $10 a
bottle, and this is where I find that I get a much better deal from Chile,
Argentina, or Australia. I do have some more expensive bottles in my
cellar, mostly stuff bought directly from producers in Bordeaux--one of my
pleasures is to read Wine Spectator and see how much some of my stash is
selling for now. I then point out to my wife what brilliant investments our
cases were, to which she coldly replies that I just intend to drink
them...true!

Nathan