Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 33 dlridings
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:46:02 -0700

You should always use adjustment laysers on original photos, rather
than actually adjust the actual image. It is the equivalent of your
negative and should NEVER be modified unless you can take it back. This
is one of the most important things to remember, and pretty much
renders most of Photoshop's competition to also ran.

So either use adjustment layers (and I hear in Photoshop 8 there will
be filter layers too) or make a copy and work on that.

Don't ever change the original. (I speak from experience!)

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 01:20  PM, Daniel Ridings wrote:

> Yes, that helps. Question: should I mix in layers here?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still
putting on its shoes."
- -- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)