Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:35:48 -0700

But a lot MORE Canadians have learned to read French! :-)

When I lived up there, it seems the items stocked on store shelves were
more often than not French side out. So I know how to read "Peanut
Butter" and "with Fluoride" distinguish "shampoo" and "conditioner" as
well as "unleaded gas only." But I have no idea how to pronounce those
words.

I had no idea grocery shopping could be such a cross-cultural
experience 'til I lived in Canada.

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 11:55  AM, frank theriault wrote:

> In any event, less than 25% of Canadians speak French as their mother
> tongue,
> and the vast majority of those are in the Province of Quebec.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

The Four States of Santa Claus: