Subject: [Leica] Re. No digital posts?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:36:30 -0700 (PDT)

There's an interesting sidebar to the recent controversies about whether
non-Leica digicam posts and pictures belong on the LUG or not, we're not
alone.  The same discussion occurred on the Olympus list almost
simultaneously.  There points made were similar:

- -Some people were very opposed to both OT cameras and digital, even
Olympus digital.

- -Some favored only Olympus digital.

- -Some said, Digital is here, we're all dealing with it, I'm interested.

- -Some said, My friends are here on this list, I want to share my
photographic journeys with them.

- -Some said, The character of this list transcends brand loyalty. It's the
character I'm here for, and to be with my friends.

- -The moderator said, I do not choose to rule on this.  Work it out.

. . . We are not alone.

- --Peter