Subject: [Leica] Finally acquired a digital camera. Results posted.
From: Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:10:18 +1000

A few weeks ago I succumbed to the lure of digital and am now the proud
owner of a Fuji S2pro. Enormous learning curve, trying to use an auto
everything camera and then finding that I have missed the focus  in a
large number of shots. Exposure is not consistent when used on matrix or
on centre weighted, but is better when I use the spot meter carefully
and slowly. Since I don't have time for this or to monitor the automatic
idiosyncrasies, (I'd rather take pictures) I now meter with a hand-held
meter and shoot on manual. I think I have the auto-focussing organised,
but this remains to be seen over the next few weeks. The Leica still
stays with me and is used when the brightness of the sky is beyond the
range of the digital to handle. Some of the first few jobs are posted
at: http://www.leica-gallery.net/heymanphoto/folder-5239.html
There is a lack of sharpness in these particular shots which is not
displeasing. This is particularly apparent in the shot of the trees shot
at f2.8. It almost has a glow to the image that I would find difficult
to achieve with the Leica. All the others could have been shot with the
M6 just as easily and probably slightly better; certainly faster. With
the Leica I would meter once, and when I focus, I KNOW that it will be
correct, not hope that it is so.

Excuse the rambling, just thought I would jot this down before I go to
bed.

Regards to all

Rob

- --