Subject: [Leica] Off topic Pentax digital
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:25:32 -0400

Well, B.D. started it with his thread on the digirebel.  I had the
opportunity to play with the Pentax Ish D which is a 6MP digital camera
due out in September.  Metal body, finder useable in very dim lighting
(1/8 @F1.8 ISO 400) pretty simple control layout, JPEGS, TIFFS, RAW,
glass pentaprism.  The CCD is the same as on the Dleica 100 Kyle uses.
It had a really good feel to it and fit my rather large hands.

I think this would be of more interest to this list than the digirebel
as the size is pretty close to an M with a pentaprism.  Mechanism noise
was not obnoxious.  I especially liked the limited edition lenses that
were available to use as well.

If anyone has any further questions please bring them up.  My impression
was very favorable, it was as close to an M in feel that any mostly
electronic camera has been.

Oh, MAP is $1699 and it can use any lens Pentax has made for any of
their SLR's, 42mm to 6X7 with appropriate adapters.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Off topic Pentax digital)