Subject: [Leica] Camera abuse
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:01:43 EDT

Doug Herr writes:

<<The professional-grade camera will handle dropping, getting punted like a
football, being stood on, rained on, dropped in muddy rivers, and recover
well enough to keep making pictures.  The consumer-grade camera suffers
horribly at this abuse.  Most consumers baby their cameras so the abuse
tolerance is good enough.>>

The only camera I know of that will tolerate this kind of treatment is a
Nikonos II or III. I'll tell you what Doug, you punt your Leica into a muddy
stream and I'll punt my Nikonos in. Then we'll see which one can still take
pictures. I prefer to keep my Leicas dry.

Larry Z