Subject: RE: [Leica] how to pack for fed-ex?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:39:16 -0400

What Karen said works very well?  I pick up bubble wrap sleeves from a
local store that sells frames, the frames are shipped in the bubble wrap
in the box.  The camera and or lens are put in the sleeve then in a box
with 2-3 inches of the styrowhatever beads.  Over fill the box with at
least a half inch of beads, then seal the box forcing the beads into the
box.  This box then goes into another box with at least 2 inches of
beads all around.  I've never had a failure doing this.

As to the USPS, after they squashed two 100' cans of Tri-X and then made
me find the lowest price to replace the insured film, I don't do USPS.

May I humbly suggest carrying your cameras with you on the plane?  You
would be surprised what you can fit into a standard Domke.  They will
arrive with you undamaged and ready to go.  Film would be another story.

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com