Subject: RE: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:55:27 -0400

First off, Allen, the price and quality of good "prosumer" cameras are
now such that one can dabble in the digital world without switching
systems. The Olympus C5050, the LC5 and Digilux, the Canon G5 and the
Nikon 500? all offer one a way to do some serious digital
experimentation without breaking the bank.

Second, with Canon's announcement of the digital Rebel - which appears
to be the stunning D10 in a shoddier housing, one can get a digital SLR
and zoom for under $1000 - the price of a used M6. Not that everyone can
run out every day and pick-up a new Leica body, but, again, one can get
into a digital system for a realistic price now - and Nikon will
probably follow shortly with a competitively priced camera.

So the argument about having to abandon that which one loves - film - to
try digital just doesn't hold any more.

B. D.