Subject: Re: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:14:09 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/03 12:46:32 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< And I was not comparing the results obtainable with the latest
generation of M lenses - results which are, when all is said and done,
beyond the power of 99.9 percent of hand-held shooter to obtain ;-) - to
digital results. What I am saying here is that it is utterly ludicrous
for those who are using 40-50-60 year-old flare-prone, poorly coated
lenses that when they were new were not considered the best available
and now don't even compare in image quality to the lenses SLR
manufactures sell as part of cheap packages, to be knocking digital
quality. >>

I don't know about quality but I do know about "look."  I actually try and
get the glow sometimes.  But that's probably why I have a Holga.  Sounds strange
to own a $1,100 Notcilux Holga but that's basically how I view it.  It gives
me a look that I like.  Quality?  What is quality anyway?  That's for you
tech-heads to duke out with your endless arguments about lines per square mm and p
ixelatated interpolated sensorized amatorized CMOSed CCDed gobblygook.  For
me, this whole thing is more intuitive.  I like the look or I don't.  Like I
wrote in a previous post that never showed up, I'm sure that in the future (not
too distant) there will be plug-ins which will allow your digital imaging
device to emulate the look of a Holga, Nocti or whatever.  When that point comes
I'm sure more of the herd will move to digital because it's immediate and
efficient and great for business!

- -kim