Subject: Re: [Leica] Rare Leica and EBay
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:47:21 -0400

From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>

> Frank,
> It is also the LHSA founder's generation that is cleaning out the closet
> in light of age, inheritance, digital, and the lowering of Leica prices
> the same as the late 60's.  If I was a real collector I would be dumping
> right now as it looks like prices are going down for the fondlers.  Good
> for me and any user, bad for investments.

It all depends. A mint 35/2 8-glass Summicron from 1963 Canadian production
(no box) sold this morning on the auction-site-that-may-not-be-named for
$1,825.10. An Alpa 50/1,9 Kern Macro-Switar lens in the late lens mount sold
this morning on the astmnbn for $2,818. Both utterly amazing numbers.

Seth            LaK 9