Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-using combat photographer website - please take a look
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:16:10 -0700

Simon Stevens:
>> Leica-using combat photographer website - please take a look<<<

> I'm passing on the URL of photographer Jason Howe.
> http://www.conflictpics.com/<<

Hi Simon,
Thank you for the site suggestion as this chap is excellent. He appears to
practice what Capa  said...."If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not
close enough!"  Or something like that.

He's certainly what we might call a photographer not afraid to be, "in the
thick of the action." Thanks again as we don't see much of real in your face
good B&W "war" photography these days.

Yep we saw some colour war stuff from Iraq but even there it doesn't compare
to what one sees on this site due to the B&W look and content. Compared to
what appeared from Iraq like a colour capture off the TV screen.

Oh I know, now I'm going to be in deep doo doo over that comment. ;-) But
this guy doesn't appear to be one of those "embedded" types "don't show the
bad stuff " controlled by the military in Iraq shooters.

This site is well worth spending time looking at his work.
ted