Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica photograph
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:27:02 -0700

John Straus eloquently espoused: ;-)
Re: Leica photograph

> Being semi-young there's nothing wrong with ANGLED (not crooked) shots!
> Even if Ted will disagree ;) It's not a friggin landscape!! Maybe it's
> only a fad and you old timers will be right in the long run but have fun
> with it while you can!! Fast and loose while still thinking about
> composition!! w3wT !!
> > JS aka LeicaPunk<<<<

Now now John boy be nice :-) as the angled effect here doesn't do anything
for it at all and only makes it look like it was an accident.

However, I'll concede to you, that sometimes if one is shooting for an artsy
fartsy art magazine or one of these over trained exotic vision art photo
editors, tilting, twisting and all the composition rules in the book are out
the window!

But in my book of photojournalism there's no such such thing as screwing
with a picture by tilting and twisting it, any more than I'd condone
photoshopping in a person or pyramid being moved.

Like it's ethics!
ted

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica photograph)
Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> ([Leica] Leica photograph now pyramid being moved)