Subject: [Leica] OT stupid scanning question
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:56:10 +0100

Ok, I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

If I'm scanning black and white is it better to scan in 16 bit greyscale
than 24 bit RGB? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

I know that Photoshop doesn't support adjustment layers at this bit-depth
(v8 maybe?) so I'd have to do a conversion at some stage, but I'd like the
master to be available in the highest quality.

Thanks in advance.

Steve