Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica photograph
From: Ken Firestone <kenf@speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Ted Grant wrote:

<SNIP>

   Now now John boy be nice :-) as the angled effect here doesn't do anything
   for it at all and only makes it look like it was an accident.

   However, I'll concede to you, that sometimes if one is shooting for an artsy
   fartsy art magazine or one of these over trained exotic vision art photo
   editors, tilting, twisting and all the composition rules in the book are out
   the window!

   But in my book of photojournalism there's no such such thing as screwing
   with a picture by tilting and twisting it, any more than I'd condone
   photoshopping in a person or pyramid being moved.

   Like it's ethics!

Well spoken Ted! Its like they are very deliberately trying to prove
how cool, casual and detached they are that they are above technique.
Anyway, if you have to try hard to be cool you are not.