Subject: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!
From: "Troy T. Heinzeroth" <ttheinz@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:21:01 -0500

I suggest everyone stays away from Mid-State Camera Repair in Chicago
Illinois. I brought an M4 in to be checked at 3:45 pm because the
rangefinder images did not line up correctly. They said it would be $185. I
said that was  steep, seing that DAG CLA'd the camera one year prior. They
told me it would cost $185 no matter what they did and I left it with them.
The next business day at 11 am I called and said I did not want the repair
to be done, I felt it was too steep a price for an alignment. They said too
bad, I agreed to the price and they would not give it back for two weeks,
cash only!!! Technically i suppose they have the right to do this, but would
you want them to? To you and your Leica? Beware!!!