Subject: Re: [Leica] Complementing Leica and Digital
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:49:47 +0800

Friends

I bought a Canon G5 two weeks ago and have been shooting it at 1200x1600
pixels, ISO 100 and fine resolution settings. The photofinishing was done
at my local lab. I am pleasantly surprised at the high standard of prints
4x6" in colour that I can get with the digital nowadays...closely
resembling what my colour negs can achieve.

I also spent an evening printing my monochrome shots (HP5+ on Agfa VC
paper) and revived the enjoyment that I can get from the wet darkroom and
the truly blacks and whites that a paper print can produce from my images
shot with leicas.  As almost 90% of my photography are in B&W, my film
Leicas and Contax G2 will continue to play a large part in my enjoyment of
photography. The G2 will also carry some colour film as I like the
saturation that the Contax CZ lenses produce.

Bottom line is that my G5 will be used to shoot in colour those events and
activities that usually result in many unwanted shots so that I can cull
them...keeping records of only the ones that matter. That way I save on
colour film and development costs. The second body will be a leica or
contax loaded with B&W film for artistic expression.

Dan K.

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica photograph)
Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> ([Leica] Leica photograph)
Message from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Leica photograph)